New York State Department of Health Nursing Home Complaint Line: (888) 201-4563

Please consider consulting this form before you call the Department of Health as it may help you and the Health Department more effectively address your concerns

Office for the Aging

The county office for the aging can be great resources for finding out more about services available to older adults in the community.

  • Dutchess: (845) 486-2555
  • Ulster: (845) 340-3456
  • Orange: (845) 615-3700
  • Sullivan: (845) 807-0241
  • Columbia: (518) 828-4258
  • Greene: (518) 719-3555

Adult Protective Services

APS provides services for vulnerable adults in dangerous situations. If you are being abused and need help please call

(844) 697-3505

Medicare Ombudsman

The Medicare Ombudsman can help you better understand your Medicare benefits.

(800) 633-4227

For facilities located in West Chester, Putnam, and Rockland Counties

If you live in Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia, or Greene county but are in a facility in West Chester, Putnam, or Rockland county your facility will be covered by the West Chester Independent Living Center which can be reached at (914) 682-3926

ICAN Managed Care Ombudsman

The ICAN Ombudsman can help you figure out issues with your managed care plan.

(844) 614-8800

To reach the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit

If you believe that a provider is committing Medicaid fraud you can call the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit at the Attorney General’s office

(800) 771-7755