Welcome Volunteers! This is our volunteer only portal where you can find important documents and information to help you better serve the LTC residents of the Hudson Valley!
Ombudsman code of ethics
- Provide services with respect for human dignity and the individuality of the client unrestricted by considerations of age, social or economic status, personal characteristics or lifestyle
- Respect and promote the client’s right to self-determination.
- Make every reasonable effort to ascertain and act in accordance with the client’s wishes.
- Act to protect vulnerable individuals from abuse and neglect.
- Safeguard the client’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Remain knowledgeable in areas relevant to the long-term care system, especially regulatory and legislative information, and long-term care service options.
- Act in accordance with the standards and practices of the LTCOP and with respect for the policies of the sponsoring organization.
- Provide professional advocacy services unrestricted by his or her personal belief or opinion.
- Participate in efforts to promote a quality long-term care system.
- Participate in efforts to maintain and promote the integrity of the long-term care ombudsman program and conducts him or herself in a manner which will strengthen the statewide and national ombudsman network.